Re: outside-staff-priority

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: outside-staff-priority
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:02:15 +0200

On 12/03/2008, David Bobroff wrote:
> The following short example exhibits a problem I've not been able to
>  solve.  The rehearsal marks are placed further from the staff than the
>  MultiMeasureRestText.  I want to keep the rehearsal marks close to the
>  staff and have the text further away.

Well it's there but it's placed in the learning manual that's not used
that often (at least by someone who's been using LP for some time).

You should remove the RehearsalMark from the Score context and add it
to the Staff context.

The manual doesn't mention lyrics, though. Sometimes I'd like to move
a hairpin or similar above the lyrics. How do I do that? Do I have to
remove the lyrics from XXX context and add it to Staff context (is XXX
Voice?)? Or should I remove the DynamicLineSpanner  from the Staff
context and add it to Voice context? Will it mess things up?

I should probably test it. Until now I've just been rude and used the
extra-offset. :-)

-Risto