Re: GDP: rearrange manual

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: rearrange manual
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:12:47 -0700

John Mandereau wrote:

We could use @anchor to get links (@ref's in Info) on the same page, but
I'm not sure *Menu items can redirect to an @anchor.

@menu items direct to @section items.  This is no problem.

We will decide about having larger HTML pages (and thus larger Info
nodes) in a further step of the Grand Documentation Project.  Now we
only decide about naming new chapters and sections, moving sections
between chapters and subsections between sections.

Sorry, I disagree. If we decide to merge an average of 4 subsections into a single subsection, that will drastically change the way the chapter/sections look.

If we were just talking about one or two specific subsections, I'd agree with you, but a general change like this should be settled now. For example, if we combine subsections, then it makes sence for 6.1 and 6.2 to be a single section.

Cheers,
- Graham