Re: Pre-Release: Slave Songs of the United States

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Pre-Release: Slave Songs of the United States
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:08:36 -0300

2007/6/12, Marcus Brinkmann <address@hidden>:
Hi,

I am happy to give you a sneak preview to my ambitious music notation
project based on Lilypond 2.10, a digital edition of the 1867 song book:

very cool

Lilypond does an excellent job on these songs, and only few manual
tweaks were necessary.  Some tweaks may be the result of my lack of
understanding of Lilypond internals.  The whole book contains 136
songs, each about 1 DIN A5 page on average.  The build tree produced
by lilypond-book is over 700 MB (!) strong, I suspect because the
required fonts are copied into each EPS file (can this be improved?).

checkout -dhelp, You probably want to use

 -dgs-load-fonts

and preferably pdflatex.

If you're technically inclined, you can run

 make web >& logfile

and see how we build the documentation. We try to minizime font loads too
as it slows down the build.