Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:37:47 +0100

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 15:25, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> >> One minor detail is that the name isn't exactly appropriate when you
> >> do
> >> \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
> >> \times 2/3 {c8 d e f e d e f g f e d }
> >
> > Well, in that case just stay with \times.
>
> I thought the proposal was to completely get rid of \times and replace it
> by \tuplet (which I think is a good idea). Just wanted to see if anybody
> had any bright idea on a command name that's accurate also in this
> special case.

What about:
\tuplets 2/3 {c8 d e f e d e f g f e d }

We could also make \tuplet and \tuplets differ on the iterator level, so that
the tupletSpannerDuration property affects \tuplets expressions but not
\tuplet expressions.

BTW, in this case it may be good to register the fraction as its own argument
type, so \tuplets and \tuplet are generic music functions, both with
signature
(tuplet-fraction? music?)

--
Erik