Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Constructive Criticism and a Question
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:57:21 +0100

Werner LEMBERG escreveu:
>> I suppose you could add the command \times 3:2 {a b c} to do exactly
>> the same as \times 2/3 {a b c} [...]
>
> If at all, then
>
>   \tuplet 3:2 {...}

I don't mind changing \times to \tuplet, and agree that the confusion with
\time is a bad thing. We could make \tuplet accept 3:2 2/3 and 3.

Since it is a change that can be accomodated with convert-ly, we wouldn't even
need a major version bump for it.

This should be a rather trivial change, so once we have consensus on the list
I would welcome a patch. It should include

- convert-ly and
- changes for all .ly's
- updates of the manual.

> which should be the same as
>
>   \tuplet 3 {...}
>
> And of course it would be nice to make this particular case identical
>
>   \triplet {...}

the latter can be achieved with a music function.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com