generating png images

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: generating png images
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:53:40 +0200

Hello.
I am trying to add support for lilypond files to the solfege wiki.
How can I best generate a png of the content of a lilypond file?
I am adding a
\header { tagline="" pagenumber=""}
to the top of each file.

The makefile snippet below is how I'm trying to generate a png at the
moment. The problem is that if the lilypond file ontain only a short
snippet, and has raggedright=##t, then the file is generated at a very
high resolution. You can see an example at
http://www.solfege.org/SolfegeDocsC/Theory-intervals

The second image has the same width as the first, but I want it to be
much smaller because it is only two bars.

Can anyone give me a hint how to do this? I am using lilypond 2.2 at the
moment?

%.ps: %.ly
        lilypond --safe-mode $<

%.epsi: %.ps