THANKS Stem length adjustment

From: dax2
Subject: THANKS Stem length adjustment
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:22:37 +0100

   Well, I am very happy to get things to work.

Mats wrote:

> ??? The property stem-length only applies to notes typeset within
> text markups with the \markup{ \note ... } function.

   Not quite true.

   \override Stem  #'length = #20.0 %tweak gave some very long
stems for quarter notes in a normal system with music expression.
I found out in order to verify that I got hold of the right
variable.

   I did not expect that there are different lengths for different
number of beams. I was not clear-minded enough to search
the documentation again  ... fatigue :-(

   Therefore many thanks again; I also found left- and
right-padding (dimension, in staff space)
    Space to insert between note and accidentals.

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel