Re: Nested slurs, was: Percussion

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Nested slurs, was: Percussion
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:07:11 +0100

Todd M. Zimnoch wrote:
At 11:49 AM 3/17/2004, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
 >I hope you have also considered if it is possible or not to have
 >an appoggiatura/acciaccatura under a normal slur. I don't know
 >the answer.

Unless I'm confused about exactly what's being discussed, it's not an unheard of ornamentation, even under a "normal" slur. I have a Gordon Jacob piece with (again, unless I'm confused) exactly such.

The question is if the grace note is slured to the main note,
so in effect you have two levels of simultaneous slurs.

   /Mats