Re: Line / page breaks

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Line / page breaks
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:47:07 -0700

Jean-Charles Malahieude wrote:

Le Vendredi 12 Mars 2004 00:05, Paul Scott a écrit :
That would require different global parts for parts and scores which
defeats the purpose.  The combination of the two ideas would work.

It works perfectly good and gives a way to deal each part much easier.
I have used it when typesetting a Bach cantata (BWV 106) for the choir I attend to. As a matter of fact, even if you multiply the number of files to deal with, it is easier to make corrections. You just have to inlcude the eg. "VoicesBreak.ly" in the global section of your flutes section of the score:

%file 2Voix.ly overcommented
\version "2.0.0"

\include "paper16.ly"
\include "english.ly"
% CALLING PARTICULAR DEFINITIONS FOR THE OUTPUT (eg. P subito)
\include "0defs.ly"

global = \notes {
   \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'molecule-callback =
  #(make-molecule-boxer 0.15 0.3 0.3 Text_item::brew_molecule)
   \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'padding = #4
% CALLING KEY & TIME SIGNATURE FOR MOVEMENT NUMBER 2
   \include "2Global.ly" }
% CALLING LINE BREAKS FOR CHOIR BOOK 2nd MOVEMENT
saut = \notes { \include "2VoixS.ly" }
Then we're both right! My statement about globals is correct as I understand the meaning of global (common to all files or code) and you have a good solution for your needs. What you call "global" I would give another name since it is not global but local to the file. You effectively have a different "global" for each file. Your 2Global.ly is what I would call a real global since I presume you use it for all the parts not just one.

I will probably use your idea.

Thanks,

Paul