Re: NoteHead

From: donald_j_axel
Subject: Re: NoteHead
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:22:43 +0100

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:30:19 +0100
Ferenc Wagner <address@hidden> wrote:

> once \property Voice.NoteColumn \set #'horizontal-shift = #

Thank you very much! That was exactly what I had missed. You can see the
resulting output here (small .png):

http://d-axel.dk/images/Chop-28,1-b20.png
and
http://d-axel.dk/images/Chop-28,1.png

but I also attach a copy on this mail, hoping it is not too big.

As for a drawing of the problem I hope the solution makes it clear
what the problem was. It is the third and fourth "column" where the
notes were clashing or illegible, or, with a noteHead extra offset,
where the stem was wrong and when moving the stem with extra offset
the beams were wrong etc. etc.

Now the resulting output is really professional, except maybe that
I could diminish the space between the beams.  I am sure there is
a parameter for that, too.

Chopin's manuscript has the same setting, that is, a middle voice with
lesser beams, though not like grace/acciatura notes. He probably has
seen Bach-engravings, where Bach himself has slurred or bending beams.

As you probably know this is one of the most difficult things to do by
hand (I was a music copier/orchestral parts-scribbler 20 years ago).

You can see the complete typesetting of Chopins prelude in C, op. 28.1
here:
/var/www/html/pub/download/Chop-28,1.pdf

or, longer download
/var/www/html/pub/download/Chop-28,1.ps

(There are still some ligatures missing at the end, I have a solution).

Once more: Thank you!

Regards/Donald
--
donald_j_axel(at)get2net.dk -- http://d-axel.dk/