Re: xdvi watch

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: xdvi watch
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:18:02 +0100

Atte André Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it used to be so that xdvi "watched" the dvi file
> (automatically refreashed when a new file was produced),
> but now it doesn't anymore. How do I get get that feature
> back??

AFAIK xdvi doesn't watch the file in the sense gv does.
Xdvi checks for changes only when you click on it and when
its window is shown.  So edit, compile, change desktop to
xdvi works as long as you are not too quick (ie. wait for
the compilation to finish).  Be careful, xdvi can also give
up following changes after finding a broken dvi (one under
production).

Feri.