Re: installing lilypond on macosx with Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: installing lilypond on macosx with Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:49:47 +0200

Anthony Mosakowski wrote:
Thanks Mats.

I tried the Fink route, but it doesn't seem to agree with the proxy server here at my school. I'm wondering if anyone here has had any success with compiling Lilypond from source on OSX. I know that all of the steps listed in the install doc are not really accurate or up-to-date. For instance, OSX includes Python, so I shouldn't have to reinstall that. I have Ghostscript 7 installed. Will that work, or do I really need to downgrade to version 6? Also, Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution is basically teTeX optimized for macosx, so I'm hoping that will work too. If anyone has any experience or suggestions for how to do this, please let me know.

Just watch out that your Python and Guile versions are new enough and
that you have access to kpathsea.h and libkpathsea.a (from the TeX
distribution). The Ghostscript version is not critical at all.

Good luck, don't forget to tell use how when you succed ;-)

   /Mats

Anthony