Re: lilypond-invoke-editor can't find editor.scm in Windows

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: lilypond-invoke-editor can't find editor.scm in Windows
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 13:46:15 +0100 (BST)

Federico

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:19:13 +0100 (BST), "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Federico
>
> Sorry I wasn't concentrating *at all*!
>
> Ignore my reply.
>
> I'll test with lilypond-invoke-editor.
>
> and let you know.
>
> James
>
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:17:45 +0100 (BST), "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Federico
> >
> > On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:20:53 +0200, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Hi James
> > >
> > > "We set" means what? AFAIK the Windows installation does not add any
> > > path to the system environment variables, if this is what you meant.
> > > I had to manually add the bin/ directory to the Path in order to launch
> > > lilypond.exe without the prefix.
> >
> > Yes you are correct. I forgot that we changed that many moons ago.

> > > I've tried adding the usr/share/scm dir to the path, but didn't work.
> > >
> > > Then I skimmed through the lilypond-invoke-editor script and I figured
> > > out that setting the LILYPOND_DATADIR to "C:\Program Files
> > > (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current" would help, but it didn't.

see

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-02/msg00102.html

I think this might help.

I was able to get a guile prompt with this workaround (the problem reported
here in 2012 still persists in 2018 :( )

e.g

C:\Users\Joe user>set GUILE_LOAD_PATH=..\..\PROGRAM FILES
(x86)\LILYPOND\USR\SHARE\GUILE\1.8

James