Re: lilypond-invoke-editor can't find editor.scm in Windows

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: lilypond-invoke-editor can't find editor.scm in Windows
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 18:20:53 +0200

Il giorno lun 23 lug 2018 alle 10:36, James Lowe <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Federico,

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:13:09 +0200, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

 Hi all

The lilypond-invoke-editor installed in Windows returns the following
 error:

  > guile.exe 'C:\Program Files
 (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-invoke-editor'
 textedit://C:/Users/test/Documents/test.ly:10:9:10
 lilypond-invoke-editor (GNU LilyPond) 2.19.82
 ERROR: no code for module (scm editor)

 It seems it cannot find the editor.scm file?

 The file is in 'C:\Program Files
 (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\scm'.
 How can I tell Windows where to find it?

 I'm using Windows 10.

I believe we set the path to the bin dir

Hi James

"We set" means what? AFAIK the Windows installation does not add any path to the system environment variables, if this is what you meant. I had to manually add the bin/ directory to the Path in order to launch lilypond.exe without the prefix.

Try setting the path explicitly for the SCM dir.

You can do it via the UI or using the 'setx' command

I've tried adding the usr/share/scm dir to the path, but didn't work.

Then I skimmed through the lilypond-invoke-editor script and I figured out that setting the LILYPOND_DATADIR to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current" would help, but it didn't.