Re: Lilypond: Two Fixes for midi2ly

From: James
Subject: Re: Lilypond: Two Fixes for midi2ly
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 09:29:41 +0100

Hello Christopher,

On Fri, 26 May 2017 19:54:31 -0500
Christopher Heckman <address@hidden> wrote:

> A few weeks ago, I brought up some issues concerning midi2ly. I have
> made changes and created a patch containing both of them.
>
> (1) Because of calculation errors, "clean" midi files sometimes
> produce durations like 4*61/120. The first fix looks for a better
> fraction close to 61/120, namely 60/120 or 62/120 that reduces as much
> as possible. If there is a factor of 2 in the denominator, the first
> part of the duration is modified. For example, 4*61/120 becomes 8
> (being 4*1/2 en route).
>
> (2) There is a comment in midi2ly about the code "barfing" if there is
> a meter change. The patch also features a fix for the barfing bug: It
> keeps track of the current meter and calculates the measure number
> based on that.
>
> I know that I probably should have split these up, but in the
> debugging process, I did (1) and (2) before knowing about git.
>
> --- Christopher Heckman

Thank you for the patch, it is now in the Patch testing queue. has
now been assigned to both the tracker and a Rietveld issue (where I
have added you as a CC for any comments/reviews you may need to
address).

I'll shepherd this through the testing and review process for you,
although any changes that may need to be made to the patc, as it is
reviewed by the other Devs, will have to be addressed directly by
yourself (i.e. submit a new patch and attach it to the tracker).

Thank you for contribution so far.

James