Lilypond: Two Fixes for midi2ly

From: Christopher Heckman
Subject: Lilypond: Two Fixes for midi2ly
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 23:00:32 -0700

A few weeks ago, I brought up some issues concerning midi2ly. I have
made changes and created a patch containing both of them.

(1) Because of calculation errors, "clean" midi files sometimes
produce durations like 4*61/120. The first fix looks for a better
fraction close to 61/120, namely 60/120 or 62/120 that reduces as much
as possible. If there is a factor of 2 in the denominator, the first
part of the duration is modified. For example, 4*61/120 becomes 8
(being 4*1/2 en route).

(2) There is a comment in midi2ly about the code "barfing" if there is
a meter change. The patch also features a fix for the barfing bug: It
keeps track of the current meter and calculates the measure number
based on that.

I know that I probably should have split these up, but in the
debugging process, I did (1) and (2) before knowing about git.

==================================
Christopher Carl Heckman
Honors Faculty
Lecturer
33° 25' 7'' N, 111° 55' 55'' W
ECA 212
School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences
Arizona State University (T1N R4E Sect22 NW1/4)
Tempe, AZ 85287 - 1804
United States of America
North America
Planet Earth