Re: GUB problem

From: Masamichi Hosoda
Subject: Re: GUB problem
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 22:37:45 +0900 (JST)

> Apologies for the delay in replying.  I knew it would take me a little
> time to gather the information you needed, so had to wait for some
> free time. Responses are below.

Thank you very much.

I suspect that environment variable ABI problem.

Have you ever mounted the disk to 64 bit OS?
Have you changed virtualization software?

GUB's basic document
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/blob/master/web/basics.html
says

```
    <h3>SHARING DIRECTORIES</h3>

    GUB uses an ABI environment variable to work around some build
    bugs in some packages.  This variable is not checked by the
    environment-changed function, so problems will probably occur if
    you share your GUB build directory between a 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
    If you change your operating system, delete the target/ directory
    of GUB before trying to build it again.
```