Re: GUB problem

From: Masamichi Hosoda
Subject: Re: GUB problem
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 18:07:52 +0900 (JST)

>>> FYI I had to make a small change to the GMP spec to accommodate 32 bit
>>> - my patch shows what I had to do.
>>
>> If you don't use the patch, do any errors occur?
>
> Yes:  the terminal output has this:
>
> Tail of target/tools/log/gmp.log >>>>>>>>
> in this configuration expects 64 bits.
> You appear to have set $CFLAGS, perhaps you also need to tell GMP the
> intended ABI, see "ABI and ISA" in the manual.

I've prepared Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32 bit VM.
In the environment, I've succeed GMP compiling without your patch.

Would you show me the whole log file target/tools/log/gmp.log?

>> $ LIBRESTRICT_ALLOW=/ bin/gub --fresh freebsd-64::fontconfig
>
> Do I issue that command and then restart the GUB compile?

No.
If I understand correctly, that command will fail.
I'd like to see config.log error message.

In addition, I've succeed freebsd-64::fontconfig compiling
in my Ubuntu 32 bit VM.
I'd like to investigate what is different between
my environment and your environment.

Would you show me the result of the following command?

$ uname -a
$ uname -m
$ uname -p
$ uname -i