Re: Notation manual - 1.3.3 Expressive marks as lines - glissandi

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Notation manual - 1.3.3 Expressive marks as lines - glissandi
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:03:36 +0200

Sorry, but what are you playing at with such an e-mail on the -devel list?
First, it’s a little bit offensive considering that – as you very well know – all people bringing Lily to you are only volunteers who do their very best to make her as good as possible. Second, this is a _developers’_ list. So if you have a technical question at developing LilyPond, or want to propose a patch, then you can come here. For a documentation suggestion as this the bug list is the right place. And you’ll be wise to provide a more precise description of the problem with that example in the docs and why your proposal solves that problem. ‘side effects have buggered everything else up’ and ‘mess up royally’ are so vague expressions that you basically expect others to figure out themselves what exactly these side effects are, and why the snippet doesn’t apply to your use case. The whole story of your pain with this issue may go to the user list then – maybe you can get some advice there.

Best, Simon