Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:04:41 +0200

Il giorno sab 11 lug 2015 alle 9:28, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:
These are all good ideas and suggestions. Now we need someone to give it a try. I won't be able to do anythong about ut unfortunately.

Unfortunately I'm scared away by texinfo, texi2html, the build system, etc.

I wish we could use a modern tool for the website (there are nice static website generators around.. I've recently started testing cactus¹). I'm pretty sure that other people might be more motivated to contribute if we changed the tool for the website only.

I have the bad feeling that the issues marked with label website will remain open forever:
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3Awebsite&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Stars+Owner+Patch+Needs+Summary&x=type&cells=tiles

¹ https://github.com/koenbok/Cactus