Re: LilyDev not accepting paste from host clipboard

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: LilyDev not accepting paste from host clipboard
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:14:56 +0100

On Fri, 2014-09-19 at 22:30 +0100, James wrote:
> On 19/09/14 19:09, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I've just gone through the steps to install LilyDev in a virtual
> > machine. I already have a plain Debian O/S installed and have been using
> > it for some time without problem.
> > Unfortunately, this new image will not accept paste (e.g.
> > Shift-Control-v in a terminal, or right mouse click) from the host,
> > which the Debian virtual machine does.
> > Has anyone seen this problem/know how to fix it - I guess it has to be
> > some Ubuntu setting ...
> >
> > Richard Shann

> what's the hypervisor? If it's VirtualBox then you can choose how the
> clipboard works. Settings/General/Advanced - shared clipboard.
>
> If it's some other hypervisor like KVM then I don't have any advice.

yes, it's Oracle's VirtualBox. The thing is that it is working for the
Debian stable that I use, so the VirtualBox settings must be ok-ish. I
can only think it is the Ubuntu that is not playing ball. But I'll have
a look (for a long time we were plagued by two different clipboard
systems in Unix/X/whatever that were sometimes synchronized and
sometimes not.
Thanks for the response though - useful to know this isn't something
well-known to you guys that created LilyDev.
Richard