Re: Compact Chord Charts

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Compact Chord Charts
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:04:04 -0700 (PDT)

Richard Shann-2 wrote
> To do this I think I need to have an additional property to be used via
> something like this
>
> (if (ly:context-property-where-defined context 'compact)
>
> to decide whether to format the chord symbol in a compact fashion or to
> use the default formatting.
> If this sounds right, could someone advise what the LilyPond syntax
> would be needed to trigger this conditional?
> I was guessing it might be
>
> \layout {
>       \context  {
>       \ChordNames
>       compact = ##t
>       }
>
> but whatever I try I just get an empty list for that property.

As far as I know, to introduce a custom context property like this, you
first need to add it to the list of:

  all-translator-properties

using a procedure like:

  translator-property-description

as found in:

  scm/define-context-properties.scm

After that you should be able to set it to #t like you want.

HTH,
-Paul