Re: Issue 2507: Stop the entanglement of context properties and grob pro

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 2507: Stop the entanglement of context properties and grob property internals (issue 126280043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:30:22 +0000

On 2014/08/18 05:51:22, Keith wrote:
Big change, looks good, just one question.

https://codereview.appspot.com/126280043/diff/40001/lily/context-property.cc
File lily/context-property.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/126280043/diff/40001/lily/context-property.cc#newcode152
lily/context-property.cc:152: Don't mess with MIDI.
I am confused by this comment.  MIDI output does not create any grobs,
so I
figured the code would return false after finding no definition of
symbol_, same
as if I type \override Bogus.color =#red
What is the special case for MIDI ?

The special case for MIDI is that the \override is actually accepted in
the input (rather than an error getting flagged).  Consequently the code
is able to arrive here in the normal course of events.  I don't think
that \override Bogus.color = #red even makes it into the music.  You
probably have to revert to Scheme-created music in order to smuggle it
in.

This comment is actually taken unchanged from the original code.

https://codereview.appspot.com/126280043/