Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: AccidentalCautionary in NullVoice
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 00:06:30 +0000 (UTC)

Dan Eble <dan <at> faithful.be> writes:

> It sounds like you are saying the issue with spurious accidental
> cancellations is fixed in 2.19.9

No, NullVoice still has those problems, because it still creates
invisible note-heads, and applies various workarounds so that the
note-heads don't have any effect except for positioning Lyrics.

2.19.9 positions Lyrics better if you enter Lyrics with durations,
no longer needing the note-heads for positioning.  This opens the
door to avoid the problems in NullVoice.

> Entering lyrics with durations is inconvenient.

So we want to get durations from music in a NullVoice.
What I posted earlier was a suggested re-definition of NullVoice that
does only what is needed.

I see now that my suggestion does not align lyrics to moments
between printed note columns (which is done if you enter lyrics
with durations) so we would have to include a Rhythmic_column_engraver
and convince it to produce note-columns even when there are zero note
heads.