Incipits

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Incipits
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 14:53:18 +0100

As I said earlier, I'm working on the incipit snippet to make it fit as a Lilypond command. I've spent a loooong time trying to work out how the spacing of the incipit (its length and placing) is related to the indent of the main music. In summary, it doesn't work. In the code attached, you can see 2 versions of the incipit code, both with fixed incipit length (8 cm) and left indent (2 cm). One uses \layout { $(ly:grob-layout grob) and the other a simple \layout. The attached image shows that the incipit size on the first version is wrong; on the second it's right.

Does anyone know what's happening here?

--
Phil Holmes