Re: Line spacing ( was Re: Incipits )

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Line spacing ( was Re: Incipits )
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 08:47:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 7:08 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

David,

Thanks for the info: I'm working on understanding it.  It threw up
another oddity: if markup slightly exceeds the end of the line, the
note spacing goes haywire.

Example (one extra a in the upper score):

\score {
 \relative c'' { d1 ^"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" d d d
\repeat unfold 20 { d } }
 \layout {
   ragged-right = ##f
   indent = 0.0
   line-width = 100.0\mm
 }
}

\score {
 \relative c'' { d1 ^"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" d d d
\repeat unfold 20 { d } }
 \layout {
   ragged-right = ##f
   indent = 0.0
   line-width = 100.0\mm
 }
}

Included image does not correspond with example.

I resent it with the correct image, but it does not appear to have arrived. Here it is again.

--
Phil Holmes