Re: [SPAM] Re: Serious feedback and improvement headroom

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Serious feedback and improvement headroom
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:27:07 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Well, it's also in the market for dinosaur tools, namely text-based
batch processing tools.  There were proprietary competitors in that
market segment previously (SCORE and Amadeus both seem to fit that
bill), but as the market of new users looks for other solutions, vendors
tend to close shop.  That cannot happen with Free Software, so LilyPond
is a good pick for people with an attention span longer than the average
popular software lifetime.  And LilyPond is free to tinker with.

Most of the people on this list have invested time and effort and partly
also money in amounts that would dwarf the costs of most proprietary
software copies.  But always at their own discretion.