Re: input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly: fix problem with constants

From: dak
Subject: Re: input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly: fix problem with constants (issue 11614044)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:27:49 +0000

On 2013/07/23 13:05:47, david.nalesnik wrote:
On 2013/07/23 12:31:25, dak wrote:
> Frankly, just throw out the crap event-drul and current-event, and
instead use
> event-start and event-stop instead of (car event-drul) and (cdr
event-drul).

OK, will do.

https://codereview.appspot.com/11614044/diff/1/input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly#newcode157
input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly:157: (set! event-drul (cons
'() '())))))
On 2013/07/23 12:31:25, dak wrote:
> You could do (set-car! event-drul '())
>              (set-cdr! event-drul '())
> instead in order to not create a new cons cell.

OK, will do.

Well, you will have a hard time doing both.  I think I wrote the second
comment before the first, and of course if you follow through with the
first, the second will more or less by necessity turn into (set!
event-start '()) (set! event-stop '()).

https://codereview.appspot.com/11614044/