Re: input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly: fix problem with constants

From: dak
Subject: Re: input/regression/scheme-text-spanner.ly: fix problem with constants (issue 11614044)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:16:24 +0000

On 2013/07/23 20:05:40, david.nalesnik wrote:
Hmmm, so if I understand correctly:

The problem in the regtest is that add-grob-definition should not be
applied to
the quasiquoted list. In doing so, however, nothing is being done that
doesn't
have precedent in define-grobs.scm.

Pretty much

I'm not understanding from your answer if you'd like me to change
anything here,
though.

I hesitate to do something like the following!

#(add-grob-definition
   'SchemeTextSpanner
   (list
     (cons
       'bound-details
       (list
[...]

No, that's nonsensical.  Instead, complete-grob-entry (or whatever it
was called) needs to be changed in order to work non-destructively.  It
does not make sense to do this separately from the original code.

I'm just not overly enthused of having to do this kind of stuff myself
right now as I am working on other, hard stuff.  So I'm throwing out the
information in the hope that it becomes somebody else's problemâ„¢.

https://codereview.appspot.com/11614044/