Re: Unable to run test patchy - URI changed for tracker?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Unable to run test patchy - URI changed for tracker?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:47:11 +0200

Hi all,

2013/7/18 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 03:48:52PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
>> Three options I can think of.  1) use something other than Google.
>
> Github has an API; we could make an actual "lilypond" organization
> with them.  Granted, that's still putting one's eggs in a
> commercial company's basket, but at least github is focused on
> development rather than google's rather broad interests.

I think using github is a good idea.  As a bonus, github users (and
there are many of them) will probably be more likely to contribute to
lilypond.
Also, github has a quite well thought-out web UI, which allows for
example to make a commit using a web interface.  This might make
things a bit more accessible to newcomers.

> I don't think we want to go with self-hosting (too much admin),

agreed.

cheers,
Janek