Re: ssh problems (can't push to staging)

From: James
Subject: Re: ssh problems (can't push to staging)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 21:31:42 +0100

On 06/07/13 20:23, Mark Polesky wrote:
Unfortunately I'm getting errors when trying to push.  I

generated an SSH key long ago when I used to contribute some
years ago, but today it asked for a password which I didn't
know about (none of my usual passwords worked).  I did
upgrade my Ubuntu version during the interim, so perhaps
it's related to that.

Anyway, I removed ~/.ssh/ and started over using the
instructions in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/commit-access
including updating my key on the Savannah site, but it still
doesn't work after an hour:

$ git pull --verbose
Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.
Permission denied (publickey).

Are those instructions out of date?  And more to the point,
can anyone here troubleshoot this with me?  I never
understood the intricacies of SSH and I am at a loss.

Thanks.
- Mark

Mark,

I've not had a problem following the steps (i did it only a few weeks ago).

Can you check your $LILYPOND_GIT/.git/config file and make sure you have the ssh:// and not the http:// i.e

url = ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git

This is I believe step #6 of the instructions, that sets this.

Failing all that if you send me git formatted patches, I can at least push them for you while you sort this out. We've had some checkins today, so you will probably need to make sure that it is rebased (?) from current master before you make the patches if you want me to push them for you.

James

james