Re: Removes outside-staff-priority from dynamic-related objects in Dynam

From: mike
Subject: Re: Removes outside-staff-priority from dynamic-related objects in Dynamic context (issue 7655045)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:58:05 +0200

On 29 mars 2013, at 12:57, address@hidden wrote:

> On 2013/03/29 04:52:29, MikeSol wrote:
>> On 2013/03/27 21:50:02, janek wrote:
>>> I see that these overrides solve the problem, but it would be nice
> to know why
>>> this works.  Can you write an explanation?  What was wrong with the
> skylines
>>> that caused this bug?  Maybe this is just one instance of a more
> general
>>> problem.
>
>> Objects that are placed inside the staff were being placed outside the
> staff.
>> Conceptually, dynamics are "inside" a staff in Dynamics contexts, even
> if there
>> is no staff.
>
> Interesting.  Why the skylines weren't completely empty,
> but only cropped?
> (please let me know if i'm bothering you too much - my
> goal is to understand the issue and ensure good commit
> message, not to get you annoyed :) )

Not sure - I haven't had a chance to investigate why it was wrong.  I just
spotted the problem and fixed it.

It is true that knowing what's going on internally would help, but that's worth
filing another issue for to the tune perhaps of "outside-staff positining above
empty inside-staff skylines leads to inconsistent results."

That said, if we are positioning above an empty element, it is difficult to
know what expected behavior would/should be.

Cheers,
MS