creating a git-formatted patch and sending it for review (was: extending

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: creating a git-formatted patch and sending it for review (was: extending event-listener.ly)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:11:30 +0100

Hi Phil

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Phil Hézaine <address@hidden> wrote:
> Le 28/03/2013 21:44, Janek Warchoł a écrit :
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Phil Hézaine <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>> Yes, I need help. I don't know how to write a patch git-formatted.
>>

>> ok.  A few questions:
>> - what operating system do you use? (in particular, do you have some
>> Linux at hand?)
>
> Linux with Gentoo.
>
>> - do you have any experience with version control?
>
> I've no idea.
>
>> - how comfortable are you with the command line?
>
> I get by.

excellent!

Please install git and download lilypond sources according to thesse
instructions:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/setting-up
Then, take a look at this
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/the-git-contributor_0027s-cycle

Apply your changes to your copy of lilypond source, make a commit and
upload the patch for review using this instructions:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/commits-and-patches

If you need help at any stage of this process, ask!
(The rule of thumb with such questions is: try to solve the problem
yourself/search documentation/google for 15 minutes - if 15 min is not
enough, it's perfectly ok to ask).

cheers,
Janek