critical issues

From: address@hidden
Subject: critical issues
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 07:14:06 +0200

There are two critical issues that we're going to have to start seriously
thinking about now if 2.18 is going to happen anytime soon:

I'm not comfortable marking this critical: not because it is not critical for
Laura, nor because it may not be our fault, but because there is not enough
information to know where the problem comes from.  I have no problem on my
homebrewed installation of LilyPond running LilyPond book.  I think that it is
important to work with a user who is having a problem like this, especially if
the user is active in soliciting developer help, but let's only mark it
critical if it is somehow a generalized problem (i.e. for all users running a
given OS).  What do you think?

This is really bad.  I agree that it is critical.  I unfortunately have no way
to test this, but do people have an ETA for fixing this?  If not, it will hold
2.18 up for a long time, in which it may be worth pushing the translate_axis
patch that I've been holding in the works.

Cheers,
MS