Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 01:53:01 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The thing we are lacking is the ability to self-align them on that point
>> with either center or left alignment, or better, any real alignment.
>
> A basic solution to this problem was already present in patchset 1 of
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/
> What i don't know is how to grab the respective notecolumn (i've tried
> get_column () but it didn't work for me).
> So, here's where i need help: *how to get a NoteColumn when i have a
> pointer to a PaperColumn?*

ok, now i'm officially dumb as a brick.  The solution was under my
nose all the time!
Patchset 2 in https://codereview.appspot.com/7564044/ extracts
NoteHeads happening at the same musical moment and uses them for
alignment.  Pretty awesome :)
Please review - it's a small & easy to understand change (hopefully i
did good job with comments) and i'd like to know if i can proceed with
reorganizing self-alignment-interface.

cheers,
Janek