Chaos on staging

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Chaos on staging
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 09:56:59 +0100

I've taken the liberty of disentangling a push by Mike that looked like
he applied a patch on top of translation and then merged the result into
staging, leading to a rather chaotic history.  I've instead
cherry-picked that patch on top of the original origin.

So translation is not freshly merged into staging right now.  Any
intention to do so should get repeated after the current situation
cleans up.

Please _don't_ create complex merge commits if you just want to apply a
single patch.  Please _check_ that what you are pushing corresponds with
the kind of change that should appear in history.

Something like
commit cfb8590d3d83f642909e168e679d4024e465e988
Merge: ffd278a 1b5411d
Author: Mike Solomon <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Mar 16 08:44:16 2013 +0100

    Merge branch 'staging' of ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond into staging

should not appear for just adding a single commit.