Re: build: missing explicit dependency?

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: build: missing explicit dependency?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:39:33 -0400

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/3/12 Julien Rioux <address@hidden>:
>> OK I see, so testing for the binaries is not enough. We`ll need to
>> find out what else is required and add a test for it. Does anybody
>> know? If you or anyone else do uninstall texlive-metapost and provide
>> a log from a failed make, I think that would be useful.
>
> I uninstalled texlive-metapost and removed the mf/out directory. Then
> issued ./autogen.sh and obtained the green light to run 'make'. It
> stopped with these last lines:
>
> Output written on parmesan-noteheads26.600gf (101 characters, 29364 bytes).
> Transcript written on parmesan-noteheads26.log.
> mv parmesan-noteheads26.log parmesan-noteheads26.tfm ./out
> rm -f parmesan-noteheads26.*gf  parmesan-noteheads26.*pk
> ~/source/lilypond/scripts/build/out/mf-to-table \
>                 --global-lisp=./out/feta11.otf-gtable \
>                 --lisp=./out/feta11.lisp \
>                 --outdir=./out \
>                 --enc ./out/feta11.enc \
>                 out/feta11.log
> cd ./out \
>            && touch mf2pt1.mem \
>            && mpost -progname=mpost -ini ~/source/lilypond/mf/mf2pt1.mp \\dump
> This is MetaPost, version 1.504 (kpathsea version 6.1.0)
> (~/source/lilypond/mf/mf2pt1.mp
> ! I can't open file `mfplain'.
> l.27 input mfplain
>                   ;
> Please type another input file name:
>

> That's it. I searched for mfplain and found that texlive-metapost provides
>
>   /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/metapost/base/mfplain.mp
>
> and
>
>   /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/metapost/config/mfplain.ini
>
> So I installed the package and compiling could continue.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
> www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com

This commit:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=8d2268dbc8bcd94e14105196a8f8ac0ed8fceb34

adds the file mp/mf2pt1.mp to our git repository. This file contains
"input mfplain" so it relies on mfplain.mp being available. We can
search for mfplain.mp during ./configure using kpsewhich, but I wonder
if we should instead just distribute this file in our git repository
along with mf2pt1.mp? c.c.ing Werner who added mf2pt1.mp initially.

--
Julien