Re: Suggested patch to make midiMaximumVolume take effect without initia

From: James
Subject: Re: Suggested patch to make midiMaximumVolume take effect without initial dynamic
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 23:10:45 +0000

Hello,

On 10 March 2013 21:58, Anders Pilegaard <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM, James <address@hidden> wrote:

You'll likely get (more) reviews and comments if you use our normal process, see:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor-big-page.html#uploading-a-patch-for-review

I have opened a bug tracker for you here:

and have posted a patch up on Rietveld based on the current Master in git.

http://codereview.appspot.com/7684043

Thanks a lot.  I got a bit lost in the development documentation reading about mentors - it sounded like somewhat more than I can commit to ... :-) ... So instead I decided to create as good a writeup as I could, send it to the list and hope someone would look at it anyway.

Well, you did quite a bit more than that, so thanks again for helping a newbie ... :-)

This is also included in the bug tracker.

I am not qualified to comment (as I am not a programmer) but this will now go through the normal review process, via Reitveld and so the development list.

Else you are free to upload this yourself again (so that you 'own' the Rietveld issue) instead of me (and will get notified of any updates without having to keep track of it manually).

I think I'll keep it as it is for now, to avoid confusing the issue (two uploads of the same patch), if that is ok for you.  If I get the opportunity to revise the patch, I'll upload it myself then.

Regards,
  Anders Pilegaard

I have added you as a cc so hopefully you will see any comments made on Rietveld, else I suggest you 'star' the tracker as well so that tells you when the patch is either put back to 'needs work' (in which case you need to look at the comments and adjust the code or reply accordingly) or gets put on the countdown, and eventual 'push' (which myself or someone with permission can help with).

What I cannot do though is to guarantee remember to tell you about any comments made or adjustments requested, so please keep an eye on the mails yourself and if you are unsure or need to submit a new patch send it to the dev group (not me directly in case I am not about).

Otherwise happy to help.

James