Re: Implicit nonsense

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Implicit nonsense
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:56:37 -0000

David Kastrup wrote Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:47 PM

What would you expect the following to do?

\new StaffGroup { \relative c' { \relative c' { c2 } c } }

It does pretty much what I expected, but then I have been explaining the drawbacks of implicit contexts for some years now.

I can't imagine _any_ situation where this behavior would make sense.

No, me neither, but leaving Voice contexts to be implied usually works well, eg with Staff rather than StaffGroup.

Trevor