Re: Summary of \relative { q } ... analysis.

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Summary of \relative { q } ... analysis.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:33:54 -0000

David, you wrote Friday, January 27, 2012 2:01 PM

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

It would be possible to let q set a parser variable that will optimize
this pass away when unset.  The drawback would be that ChordRepeat
events entering via different channels (#{ <c e g> q #} uses its own
parser, and generation by Scheme is also possible) would not count
then.

Ok, I guess I have my implementation strategy then.  Hard-earned 70€
or whatever the bounty was, but I think I will feel reasonably sure
that the results will not come back to bite me.

Anybody have a problem with me ripping all the configurable bits from
the lexer?  Meaning that the chord repeat symbol will be q, period, like
r is a rest, period.  Since I don't retain q state in the lexer any
more, it does not seem like that the effort for the remaining piece of
configurability makes any sense if nobody uses it anyway.

Reducing complexity in lexer/parser is always good.  I like your
strategy.

Trevor