Re: 2.16 release candidate 3 imminent

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 2.16 release candidate 3 imminent
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:30:41 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>>> If I write
>>> myC =
>>> #(define-music-function (parser location) () #{ c #})
>>> then I can't currently write
>>> <\myC>4 or similar.  It would just not work.  And there is no way to
>>> define this function, #{ #} or not, in a manner that could work both in
>>> chords as well as outside (without a Rhythmic Event iterator).
>>
>> myC=c
>>
>> No need to even stoop to music functions.  In this case, <\myC> will not
>> work without the change in parsing.
>
> Actually, neither will it with the change.  But it will be a one-liner
> to make it work when it was impossible previously.  I'll do that
> one-liner presently.

Well, it was a bit more juggling in order to make sure that the parser
complains when an unsuitable music identifier gets used inside of
chords.
<URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/5440084/diff2/19032:14005/lily/parser.yy>

But it still was a _trivial_ change to make.  It would have been trivial
before that, admittedly, but there would have been no obvious way to
actually set the music identifier to a value that could be used here, so
there would have been little point in doing so.