Re: Stable release proposal

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Stable release proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:39:12 +0100

2012/1/17 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> 5) Remove translations if they are not updated to 2.16.  The 2.14/2.15
> manuals can be used if desired.  Having non-updated manuals removed may
> serve as an incentive to get them all translated.

I partially agree but removing translations is very difficult and time
consuming.  We have the @untranslated texinfo macro for untranslated
nodes, but unless we find a single-click method of redirecting
manuals, I think this is not doable.

Also, given that an user should be able to benefit from, say, 80%
translated manuals, we should make them easily locatable. Again, that
eats time.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com