Re: Stable release proposal

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Stable release proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 05:36:53 +0000 (UTC)

Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen <at> byu.edu> writes:

> I think a reasonable goal for 2.16 would be:
>
> 1) Work through the outstanding issues involved in issue 2070

A stable version should not wait for this.  This issue removes an
obstacle to further clean-up of the input syntax, as explained
a bit more under issue 2037.  This should improve LilyPond long-
term, but might increase bugs in the short term.

The other criteria make sense.

Qualitatively, LilyPond development versions seem more solid than
they did around 2.13.60-ish.

> What's left off the list?

> B) Guile 2.0.

Conventional wisdom is to skip 2.0 releases in favor of 2.2