Re: Further work on reducing make doc output - GOP 9

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Further work on reducing make doc output - GOP 9
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:27:48 -0700

On 12-01-15 07:47 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:
<snipped>

OK - so I don't think anyone has looked at this. I think I've got 3 options: ask again here; make a patch from the test files I created, make a new directory in my lilypond-git directory and put them up, standalone, as a patch on Rietveld for review; or implement this system on the make doc build system and put the patch for review. I'm pretty much against the last one, owing to the chances of wasted time. Could anyone advise on the first 2 options?

--
Phil Holmes

It would seem reasonable to develop the test against your local doc build, then put up a patch on Rietveld for review, and possibly a Tracker item, as I can't quickly find an open one which would cover this. I suggest that because patches in the formal process seem to have a better chance of review, although not a guarantee.

Regarding your scripts: can they be modified to accept a variable paper size, for those of us outside the A4 realm?

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.