easiest way to help releases: adopt patchy

From: Graham Percival
Subject: easiest way to help releases: adopt patchy
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:39:49 +0000

Patchy has helped us avoid breaking git master a few times
recently, but each time involves a certain amount of my time and
energy.  I need to check the logs to see if it was just an
accident, look through the git history to see if there's any
particularly suspicious commits that may have caused it, try again
without those commits, repeat, and then finally branch the entire
staging and start over from scratch.

This eats up time that I could otherwise spend on releases or
organizing stuff.

Nothing in Patchy requires my unique skills.  There's a few more
things that could be done to improve things, but those can pretty
much just follow the existing pattern.  If somebody else could
take over Patchy -- even if only the staging stuff, not the new
patches -- that would free up time I could spend solving
release-critical bugs.  If somebody could handle the new patches
as well, that would be even better.  We could easily have two
separate people doing staging and new patches.

- Graham