Re: position of dots

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: position of dots
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 18:23:32 -0800

Moving from lilypond-user to lilypond-devel:

Is the problem appearing when engravers are moved an instance of
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1792  ?

That or issue 44.  For issue 1792 I had to expand the list of cases when
DotColumns avoid colliding chords
http://codereview.appspot.com/4293054/diff/15002/lily/note-collision.cc#newcode310

To support setting dot-columns in each voice, the obviously-missing case involves chords
that 'touch' and where the head note of the chord with the down-pointing-stem is on a line.

I encourage you to refine this code, Janek, with your eye for detail.