Re: critical issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: critical issues
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 01:54:10 +0000

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 01:52:41AM +0100, Łukasz Czerwiński wrote:
>    As for all the emails that were written it the last two days, I believe
>    that a sort of coordination is needed in each project.

We have the amount of coordination that we have chosen.

>      * Let's assume that I would like to help in developing Lilypond, but
>        I don't have my own idea, what part of it I could improve. What
>        would you suggest me to do?

There are tons of open issues on the tracker.

>    Are there some guidelines how to write new code to work in the same
>    manner as the already written code?

We have a contributor's guide.  It is not complete, but that's
where to look.

> If no, is there a person (several people?) that could answer
> such questions?

Janek used to be that person, but he gave up.  So no, we do not
have any dedicated people that work with new contributors.  A few
developers often give feedback for patches.

- Graham