Re: Segfault 2.15.23 Span_bar_stub_engraver

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Segfault 2.15.23 Span_bar_stub_engraver
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 05:00:39 +0000 (UTC)

Jay Anderson <horndude77 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a <at> oco.net> wrote:
> >
> > I can't produce the segfault, either.
>
> Strange I can consistently reproduce it (just pulled the latest and
> recompiled): Ubuntu 11.10, gcc 4.6.1.

If you have *only* seen it in compiles with gcc 4.6.1 it might be the
compiler bug (yes, really a gcc bug) that David found.
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1997>
He patched the new makefiles to avoid the bug by turning off some option
to gcc, based on a test that happens if you re-run ./configure