Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Line breaks in @file{} entries?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 01:42:58 +0100

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Most of these file references aren't actually more than 50 characters.  They
> get over 50 when you include the @var{} inside the file, or in one case when
> the greedy regex gets a closing } at the end of the line.

I know; like I said, 50 chars is *really* quite long :-) However, if
we lower this threshold to 40 then we'll start getting such things as
@file{ly/predefined-guitar-ninth-fretboards.ly} (I'm assuming we don't
want that). There's also a matter of consistency: if we split the
MacOSX command line, then it also makes sense to split the GNU/Linux
one.

(another example: if we were to split the
predefined-guitar-ninth-fretboards, which we're not -- parenthetical
clause, wink wink :) -- then we probably should split
predefined-ukulele-fretboards as well, and so on.)

I'm probably much of a control freak, but this @file{} syntax has been
bugging me for quite some time, so I'm relieved that we're getting
more consistency here :)

Cheers,
Valentin.