Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:36:35 +0000

On 2010/10/31 22:24:17, Neil Puttock wrote:
Hi Carl,

This is too complicated (though that's really a criticism of Marc's
Scheme
engraver).

The point of using 'tie-follow is that it defers the decision to
parenthesize
TabNoteHead to the point where it matters: in the callbacks for
Glissando and
Slur.  Thus there should be no need to acknowledge glissandos and
slurs in the
engraver: we only need to check whether the tie's right bound is one
of the
acknowledged noteheads.

Ah, yes.  I hadn't thought through the logic carefully; I was just
implementing Marc's logic in C++.

Glissandos and slurs are irrelevant for determining tied-to.  A note is
tied-to if it's at the right hand end of a tie.  Whether it's
parenthesized or not is determined by the presence of a split tie, a
glissando, or a slur.

So we don't need to acknowledge glissando or slur.  Just tie and
note_head.

Got it!

Thanks,

Carl